WHEN YOU'RE THINKING BABBITT BEARINGS, THINK AMERICAN!
American Babbitt Bearing has been in business more than 20 years providing our customers with the highest level of quality products that they expect and deserve. Our continuous improvement on our capabilities and equipment allow us to be one of the leaders in Babbitt bearing repair and manufacturing.
Our 10 foot outside diameter machining, CNC machining capabilities along with our ISO 9001 2008 certification has afforded us the opportunity to manufacture and repair some very large projects for various Hydro Power Plants throughout North America. We service our customers from one location in Huntington, WV. While others may try to duplicate our name, none compare to what we have to offer.
PROUDLY SERVICING ALL INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS
Our plant contains 30,000 sq. ft. of workspace with ample room to grow. We have more than 30 production machines, some of which provide capabilities unexpected in a plant our size. We centrifugally cast bearings up to 120" OD using ASTM certified Babbitt compositions. The Babbitt alloy is melted in 2500 pound capacity ovens having strict temperature controls. Although most of our work is bearing repair, we have the engineering and technical expertise to manufacture new bearings as well.
SUPPORTING THE HYDRO INDUSTRY
- 24 hour emergency service
- 10 ton overhead cranes
- Spin casting of Babbitt up to 120”outside diameter
- Level 2 certifi ed UT and PT inspectors
- Certifi ed grade 2 Babbitt alloy
- Final inspection documentation
- CNC VTL (table can handle up to 60”outside diameter
- Spherical OD repair
- Re-establishing OD fi ts
- CNC 3 axis boring Mill (5”spindle/Table size 55”x 63”)
- Over 20 years in business
- Skilled craftsman and machinist
- Calibrated and certifi ed measuring equipment
- (3) 3,000lb Babbit Melting pots
- Machining up to 120”outside diameter
- 5 large VTLS for multiple projects